Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Pajama Program

Mission Statement: “The Pajama Program…provides new, warm pajamas and new books to children in need in the United States, and around the world, many who are waiting and hoping to be adopted.”

Website: http://www.pajamaprogram.org/

My donation: $10

As I was browsing the website to learn more about this organization, I stumbled across founder Genevieve Piturro’s inspiring account of what prompted her to start the Pajama Program back in 2000.

I’ll admit, before I started researching the organization for this post, I didn’t really understand what the big deal was – I mean, they’re just pajama’s, right? But after reading her story, I had a completely new perspective.

If Genevieve’s story doesn’t tug on your heartstrings, I’m sure the pictures of the kids will get you.

Here’s hoping you’ll click through and be compelled to make a donation of your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment