Friday, May 7, 2010

Moving Day!

It's here, it's finally here!

Today, we are moving here:



After 10+ years in West LA, I am ready for a serious change: Pasadena here we come! "Pasadena?" (you may be thinking) "But it's so far!" Well, yes. But, as you may remember from my post last month, I am primarily working from home these days. And, as anyone who has ever lived there knows, moving to Pasadena is kind of like joining a cult. It gets this hold on you, and just won't let go! (and you don't want it to either) But I digress...

This move has been a long time coming. I first put my condo up for sale in SEPTEMBER, yes, that's right, NINE months ago. And finally, (FINALLY!) it looks like I have a buyer with some staying power. My escrow is scheduled to close a week from today.

A's condo sale was a totally different, but no less stressful kind of nightmare. His place sold within 2 weeks, but he had the escrow from HELL. It only took EIGHTY SEVEN DAYS for the lender to approve his (totally overqualified) buyers loan. On a 30 day escrow. Whatever.

Now that all is said and done, we finally get to move into our new apartment in Pasadena. Where we'll be over looking this:



...from our super-cool corner apartment. With lots of windows. And a huge den. And a really nice onsite gym.

I will post pictures soon, once we get all our stuff unpacked and set up. Here's hoping the mover's don't break anything...

1 comment:

  1. so sad you guys are no longer a walk away! nice apartment though

    ReplyDelete