Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Open House - Welcome to our kitchen!

Welcome to our kitchen.



After the kitchen in that last place, I think almost ANY kitchen would be a vast improvement. But, seriously - did I win the big kitchen lottery or what? Look at that counter space! Look at all.those.cabinets! Sweet storage!

This kitchen is so big and open that we actually had a place to put our dining room table and chairs - to close off all the open space between the kitchen and the living room (p.s. living room teaser in the background there...)



Because our kitchen is so BIG and so FUNCTIONAL, I've been really motivated to cook lately.

If you look closely, in that second picture, you can even see my delicious breakfast cooking as I was snapping away - always the multi-tasker, you know:


A million thanks to Jenna of Eat Live Run for posting this Oatmeal Pancake recipe. I have been living on them since last week, and I think they may have FINALLY gotten me out of my oatmeal funk.

Oatmeal Pancake:
(Recipe shamelessly copied from Eat, Live, Run)

1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
1/2 cup pasteurized egg whites
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract

salt, cinnamon to taste
1/2 ripe banana

Combine oats, egg whites, baking powder and seasonings in a medium bowl. Refridgerate, covered, overnight.

Just before cooking, mash 1/2 banana, and incorporate into oat mixture.

Cook over low heat approximately 3-5 minutes per side.

I top mine with a little sugar-free maple syrup, and the other half of the banana.

No comments:

Post a Comment