Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Resolutions - Week 3

I realize this is a bit late, considering it’s already nearly hump-day, but, a busy weekend (scouting wedding venues, hosting a wonderful house-guest and celebrating a very important birthday) didn’t leave me with much time for reflection or for planning.

I did passably (at best) on last weeks’ resolutions, but still returned from the trip feeling unhealthy (which led to feeling cranky…) and haven’t made a much better start to this week.

So, without further ado, my resolutions – hopefully, these will get me feeling a bit better and lift me out of this current funk:

1. Run every day
2. Sleep 8 hours every night
3. Get organized

Unfortunately, I’m just not one of those people who can function on less than 8 hours of sleep a night. I get cranky and I’m too tired to run, which makes me even MORE cranky (is anyone else sensing a theme this week?) and then I just start feeling generally run down and unwell.

I also don’t deal well with chaos and given the really fun (but not very restful or productive) weekend we had, I felt ill-equipped to start my week yesterday, which has left me feeling a lot like I’m playing catch-up. And that is definitely not very fun.

Nothing that can’t be fixed with a bit more routine this week (and a bit less TRAVEL…)

Ironic side note: I am actually typing this post from yet another airplane. I flew to Portland today, in case anyone was wondering, for a meeting that the client did not even show up to, apparently, he was still in Germany, and no one bothered to mention this to us. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment