Sunday, August 2, 2009

New Week's resolutions

Is it just me, or did magazine editor's of the world unite last month, in an attempt to dupe the general public into believing it's January all over again?

No less than 3 magazines I've read in the last month have featured change inspiring titles like:

"Make a Change! Create the life you want" (Body + Soul, June 2009)
"Get the life you want" (Self, August 2009)
"Toss Your Type - uncover the real you" (Body + Soul, August 2009)

Whatever it is, it's working, or at least it's working on gullible me.

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't have the life I want or dislike my "type" per se, it's just that, well, like most people I have goals. Goals I set back in, oh, January of 2007 and have still somehow not managed to attain. Or I'll read a post on one of the blogs I follow and think, "gee, I wish I could do that/was in that habit/didn't eat that" and I'd like to try some of this on for size. Non-comittally of course, and a week seems like a nice, sustainable period.

So, armed with an arsenal of motivational articles and an impending wedding, (i.e. the ultimate motivator for change - back me up here married/engaged ladies) I am embarking on what I hope will become my first weekly series!

New Week's resolutions:
3 things I want to do differently, just for a week. I might develop a new habit or two, or even just re-commit to some of my old habits, try a completely new activity, make a lifestyle change, who knows?! Sometimes my resolutions might not change from week to week (forgive me, but as mentioned above, I don't always do the best job of executing on things I've planned...)

I'll be posting resolutions Sunday evenings - starting tonight, and I'll check in with a status update towards the end of the week. Maybe if I have to be accountable to the blog, I'll actually FINISH something I start ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment