Monday, August 10, 2009

Resolutions - Week 2

I realize I'm a little late, but after reggae-fest last night, well, let's just say I wasn't in any shape to be posting...

1. Eat healthy
2. Run every day (except Monday)
3. 2's the limit

I'm normally a fairly healthy person. Don't get me wrong, I indulge myself, but I balance those splurges with loads of physical activity. This week, however, I'm travelling for work. And these are the types of trips that completely throw a wrench into all good intentions. (You know the type - every meal eaten out, dinners with fancy wine, appetizers AND dessert, late nights out that leave no time for running.)

This is the first of FOUR week-long trips in the next FIVE weeks. Yeah, I'm not thrilled about it either. But if I have any chance in hell hopes of making it through this next month with my health somewhat in tact, I'm gonna have to make some serious efforts to travel healthier.

Thus - my resolutions.

While I have limited control over WHERE we eat, I can definately control WHAT I eat (and how much of it). I even packed healthy Kashi cereals and Balance bars to keep me on track.

Not much I could do today - 8 hours of travelling + 8 hours of work really leaves nothing for the treadmill, but starting bright and early tomorrow morning, I'll be out there logging some miles.

And, only 2 glasses of wine with dinner. It's enough. I have a tendency to want to take all the free (good quality) wine I can get - that's the economist in me, but really, I'm not doing myself any favors with this one.

Will report back mid-week, hopefully I'll do just a smidge better on this week's resolutions!

No comments:

Post a Comment