Monday, July 26, 2010

Cheesecake frozen yogurt

I have a confession to make. I love frozen yogurt. LOVE.

As in can't walk past a Yogurtland without going in to taste the new flavors - love.

As in, will drive 10 miles out of my way for Menchie's - love.

As in, won't finish my entire dinner, and will pawn leftovers onto A, so that I can stop and get some on the way home - love.

Except, I hate that I don't know what's IN it. Specifically, ingredients, nutrition facts? Don't get me wrong, I checked out the nutrition facts here and here, but, I have no idea if I am portioning out exactly 83 grams of the stuff (um, who am I kidding, most likely NOT!) nor can I remember which flavor I got, whether it was non-fat, low-fat, etc. TOO MUCH WORK. Especially for a dessert. And especially, when I can make it myself.


I know what you're thinking. "Cottage cheese? In frozen yogurt? Gross." I know, because I thought that too. And maybe you'll try it and STILL think it's gross. But not me. I am hooked. (P.S. It is WAY cheaper than $0.35 per ounce...and SO much healthier.)

Cheesecake 'frozen yogurt':
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1/2 scoop protein powder
1 tbsp sugar-free almond Torani (you can buy this at Cost Plus)
1-2 packets of Equal (if you are a CRAZY sweet tooth like me)

Combine all ingredients in a Cuisinart or food processor (I would not suggest a blender - too hard to get it out.) Blend until consistency is smooth. Spoon into a bowl, and freeze for 40-60 minutes, to preference. Top with berries.


Now, tell me that doesn't taste like cheesecake filling.



Enjoy not ruining your diet, meeting your protein needs for the day, and saving $5.37 and a trip outdoors in your jammies :)


Nutrition Facts: Calories - 130; Fat - 1g; Protein - 23g; Carb - 5.5g; Fiber - 0.25g

No comments:

Post a Comment