Friday, October 9, 2009

Day 1

I have big news today.

One year from today, on 10/9/10, Albert and I will be getting married here.

Previously, I mentioned that back in June I had run every day for a month. Initially, when I completed that first month, I had wanted to extend it to a full year, but for many reasons, the timing just wasn't right.

So, today dear readers, the time is right.

Starting today, I will be running every day, for the next year, culminating in our wedding day.

A couple ground rules:
1. "Running" constitutes a minumum of 15 minutes, either on the treadmill or outdoors.
2. "Every day" does not include days that I am sick (as judged by whether or not I'd call in sick to work.)

This was my run this morning:


It was great. This is going to be an amazing year.

To mark the midpoint, I registered for the Pacific Half Marathon, on March 27, 2010.



And to the naysayers, who say it's, "not healthy to run every day, you need time off to recover" I'd refer you to rule 1 above. 15 minutes on my rest days is not going to derail my recovery. So, if you don't have anything nice to say...well, you know how this one ends.

I'll be doing lots of gmap-pedometer tracking of my longer runs, and I'll post those here along with photos (courtesy of my new iPhone, which will be accompanying me on all my long runs!)

Now, all I need is a partner in crime. Any takers for the half-marathon?

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Betty! What a beautiful venue. And what an impressive goal. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete