Sunday, September 27, 2009

Resolutions - Week (I don't know)

After a brief hiatus, I'm back with the resolutions this week!

Tomorrow I kick off two really big, really stressful, really simultaneous work projects. Man am I not looking forward to this. I also have some exciting plans in the works, more info to be revealed on that later. So, to help me keep some sanity and health in my life over the next 2 months or so, here are my resolutions for at least the next week (if not longer):

1. Run, bike/spin or go to Pilates every day
2. Foam roll 3x
3. Read a chapter every night

Attainable. Not easy, but even with the increasingly hectic schedule, at a minimum, I should be able to keep up with these resolutions.

I discovered a great new running blog (No Meat Athlete) and a great new workout. Much like the claims, the first session was increadibly painful (read, lots of rolling around on the floor, wincing and yelping in pain, while A sat on the couch alternately watching football and laughing at me in my misery). But, after a half-hour of rolling, I have to admit, my lower body feels much more relaxed and ready to tackle a nice long run tonight.

I've also noticed that I have a tough time falling asleep when I spend my evenings in front of a computer or TV screen. So, I'd like to start developing a better evening routine, including some leisure-reading. I'm reading a fantastic new book - Three Cups of Tea - and have a healthy stack of reading waiting in on my nighttable, so I need to get reading!

Here's to a great new week!

No comments:

Post a Comment